Friday, June 23, 2017

Tri-cities Geofest

I made plans to attend the Tri-cities Geofest for the first time this year.  The main event is Saturday when they release 30ish new caches which you then race around to find and earn 4 coins. 

I drove down on Friday, caching all the way.  I spent the night at the Pasco KOA.  Since I was too lazy to set up my tent, I thought I'd just sleep in the car.  I brought the bed rolls the kids use, moved the seat out of the way, and tried to sleep.  Wow.  I am too old for this nonsense.  The floor is hard and lumpy.  I eventually gave up and napped in the front seat with it reclined all the way.

Due to my uncomfy sleeping arrangements, I was up and caching by 530 am.  I went to the event and went around to all the caches with a nice older couple I met.  We finished up around 3, then I headed home, again caching all the way.  I ended up getting 71 caches that day!  All told for the weekend was well over 100.



No comments:

Post a Comment